Prioritize the Immediate Improvement of Georgia’s Legal and Business Climate
Thanks to Governor Nathan Deal, Georgia has been ranked the ‘Best State for Business’ five years
in-a-row. Georgia leaders must work to maintain the momentum.
We must prioritize being in the Top 20 of all legal and business climate rankings.
1. Improve Georgia’s legal fairness and climate by:
• Launching a statewide business court
• Modernizing the e-discovery rules and Civil Practice Act
• Tackling phantom damages by limiting double recovery of medical expenses
2. Promote a regulatory environment that promotes compliance, not revenue generation
3. Maintain AAA Bond Rating for financial stability and future prosperity
4. Enact fair and balanced tax policies that lead to reinvestment and savings
5. Identify and repeal outdated business regulations and mandates
6. Enact permitting and licensing reform to make it easier for individuals to transition into new careers
7. Modernize technology, consolidation and outsourcing of government services to lower costs, taxes and improve service